Thursday, 24 July 2008

after a long wait...

Minnie, 6 days old.

It seems like I have known forever. At times its been a lonely wait, knowing what I know, faced with problems along the way and without people to lean on and seek advice from. But now, after a wonderful telephone conversation with a nurse and OB, we can share our news. We are of course having a baby! The little button is due at the end of January next year. We are thrilled to say the very least.

Its a been a tough journey with losses and near losses and scary scan results. The last 24 hours have been terrible as we were told that there were serious concerns on the NT scan. I had mentally prepared myself for a CVS and/or amnio and all the trauma associated with those tests. Waiting for the blood test results just seemed like the longest 24 hours ever. But it turns out there is nothing to worry about. The poor nurse at the Dr's must have thought I was mad as I kept saying 'are you sure I don't need a CVS tomorrow?'

Minnie is of course very excited, in a 2 1/2 year old way. She is having her dinner and was heard just telling herself 'baby in the tummy and it will get bigger, and bigger, and bigger!

So an wonderful new chapter begins in our lives and we can start to really get excited about it.

What a glorious feeling this is...

18 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations....that's such fantastic news...yippee!

Kate said...

Fantastic! Congratulations - I'm glad everything is ok!

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

PS - that deleated comment was me - thought I was leaving a message over at Curlypops...

Dawn (beccasophie) said...

Congratulations! Lovely news! Just found your blog, it's lovely!

Leni and Rose said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Mama de Saga said...

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Don't worry about a thing and enjoy!
Lisa

Anna said...

Cogratulations!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you and your family!

Kirsten said...

Congratulations! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Jenny said...

That is wonderful news, a baby is such a blessing for your family. Look after yourself and enjoy this precious time.

Anonymous said...

That is such fantastic news! Congrats to you, hubby and Minnie! Glad for you that all is ok after what must have seemed such a loooong wait to share the news.
Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy. Tania xox

Skye Rocket Sews said...

Oh rach .....congratulations..what wonderful news!
Mel.x

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations, Rachael. I too had a scary and at times hard time, with losses and near losses and scary test results, so I totally relate to how happy it is to find out all is well and a baby is really coming! I'm so happy for you.

Shellbells said...

congrats my dear...the pitter patter of baby feet is always a wonderful thing in my books!

Krista said...

Life is nothing short of a miracle. Congrats to you all, this is wonderful news :)

Hawkfeather said...

oh wow big congratulations!!! what wonderful news.
i am sorry for the scary 24 hours though.. glad it ended on a very high note!!!!

Selina said...

CONGRATS XX
Happy all is well.

Jelly Wares said...

What fantastic news!!! You're babies due just after mine in December... I hope all goes well with the pregnancy and there are no more hiccups for your little family like the one's you've just had......

Jodie :)