Friday, 30 July 2010

listening and reading

Time seems to be going so quickly. I want to stop it, slow it down, bottle it and keep it forever. Louis is growing so quickly and Minnie is about to commence a pre-kinder programme at her future school. I can't believe that Minnie will be at school 5 days a week. It makes me cry thinking that after all this time, we will be apart every day between 9 and 3. She is ready, I am not...

I haven't had much time for sewing or for cooking elaborate meals in the last 11 weeks. Not much time for finishing unpainted walls or for weeding the forest of weeds that is our garden. But over these cool winter days, we have had time for listening and reading and these are some of the things we have been turning our attention too;



This is a hilarious musical by Sandra Boynton, the children's author, with lots of famous actors singing funny and very catchy tunes. This was a gift for Minnie and Louis from a lovely friend who lives in Philadelphia, without any chickens.





We read this every day, without fail. A great book as the reader chooses their own adventure.







An old school friend wrote this and we are all very proud of her! Honey has a second novel out (Good Daughter) and I understand that a film is in the works.




We all love it when this comes in the mail. Hours spent planning meals and talking about food. Minnie hardley eats (well she eats but precious little variety in her diet of hummus and pasta and cherry tomatoes) but she loves 'reading' the recipes.





I love this album but wish they had bleeped the rude words out of Little Lion Man so Minnie would have learned a more appropriate version...





We also love this one on a lazy Sunday morning, when I am still in my pj's until mid morning and my hair is very unkempt.


Of course I had to post at least one photo of my babies, here with their Poppy and Gaddy on my father's birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy/Poppy!



4 comments:

tea with lucy said...

That family picture is so gorgeous!

Hope's Mama said...

Ahh what a lovely post. I must surely owe you an email! Be good to catch up. I know what you've been doing now at least.
And eek, school! I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to ship Angus off!
xo

Terry said...

How lovely they are all together - what a splendid photo!
Ooody XXX

Michelle said...

Love that family snap. So happy!

And would love to stay in my pjs until midday on a Sunday...bliss...