Sunday, 19 June 2011

thinking about making stuff




Since the move to Melbourne 2 months ago my sewing machine has remained under its cover, hiding away. I think she is starting to feel unloved and not needed. Poor thing. I have gotten close to pulling her out of the shelves and removing her cover, unveiling her. But I can't remember where I have put the woollen suiting I am thinking about and I don't know which box holds the patterns for jackets and coats. So she stays put, waiting for a day when I can muster the strength to go through those boxes piled on top of our wardrobes.

So until then, perhaps I can start with a needle and thread? I know where they are and that is a very good start.

'Happy Gloves' by Miyako Kanamori is adorable book I recently purchased at a big book sale. Miyako Kanamori is a Japanese crafter and author of several very cute crafting books. In this book, all Kanamori's creations are made from gloves, which I think it makes a lovely change from socks. We love the little friend on the cover and the blue elephant. This week I am going to scour the op shops for gloves and see who will be coming to live with us first - perhaps the little red car?

What do you think?






6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ooooh I love that blue elephant!

sophie said...

I think I love!

CurlyPops said...

Maybe you could just drag out the machine and print off a tutorial to get back into it?

Anonymous said...

I love them!!!! There must be heaps of odd gloves waiting to be snapped up somewhere. Get sewing. G x

Loz and Dinny said...

These are gorgeous! It's been so long since I've had a galavant around blogland - hope your move to Melb is going great guns x

Michelle said...

That is *SO* neat! Kinda like sock monkeys, but better...